Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Just For Me

A long time ago, Taylor and I decided not to make a fuss over every gift giving occasion.  Anniversary, Valentines, both birthdays, mothers / fathers day and Christmas.  With that said, we don't particularly deprive ourselves during the year.  While my mom babysat the kids on Friday, Taylor and I started planning our 10th Anniversary celebration / Italy trip (it's 3 years away).  I had a copy of this Rick Steve's book from 2006, and I was surprised how much I actually remembered and how much has stayed the same.

I was really planning to wait a year to buy the book, but I've enjoyed planning every second so far.  I've even budgeted for each meal, train / Metro ticket, begun researching plane tickets, best days to fly, operating hours, etc.  I love relishing in the details, though I know it's a bit odd to enjoy that part.

Trip Highlights by Day
1 - Vatican Tour with guide, window shopping and a fancy dinner in Rome
2 - Ancient Rome tour and romantic evening walk of Rome's most beautiful fountains and piazzas
3 - Sorrento hotel with huge balcony, seaside views and private beach access, downtown Sorrento walk and nice dinner in town
4 - Blue Grotto tour, lunch on the Marina Grande, laundry in town, picnic dinner on our balcony with a view of the bay at sunset
5 - Florence Fiat Wine Tour and dinner at a popular hole in the wall
6 - Florence cooking class and romantic walk through main piazzas, hotel near Duomo
7 - Pizza in front of Indiana Jones library in Venice, tour St. Mark's and dinner on the lively square
8 - Rialto bridge and picnic lunch at the market, dinner on the Grand Canal and gondola ride back to the hotel with singer and accordion 



This weekend I also purchased a necklace for myself.  I ended up wearing it on Mother's Day, but I really bought it to wear for the wedding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment