Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Wednesday

After the Children's Museum last week, we went to Brett and Allison's house.  They had just returned from their Chicago trip, and we ordered in Pappasitos (mmm).  Allison found this cute little dress and shoes for Anna Belle - thank you!



Exactly one week before taking this pictures, I complained to Taylor that the Rangoon hadn't bloomed yet.  The blooms came in, and they are everywhere!  This vine covers / hides our pool shed and smells wonderful.


Soon after all our citrus trees bloomed, a windstorm came through and we lost most of our buds.  This lonely grapefruit remains.  


Our grapevine should produce a really good crop this year.  In college, I always thought gardening was boring.  Our horticulture prof (Taylor and I took the class together), said gardening was America's most popular hobby (a stat that drastically changes based on your source).  I can totally understand being hooked on gardening.  Ever since the first few blooms of spring, I've been cheering on all of our perennials to come back to life and when they do, I want to celebrate.


When things like this really excite me, I feel like it must be a little piece of Heaven.  God gives us these joys, as a little glimpse of His kingdom.

If you haven't read the book, Heaven is for Real, I highly recommend it.  A pastor's 3 year old son dies for 3 minutes on the operating table and comes back to life.  Almost a year later, the son begins to tell his dad stories of his visit to Heaven.  With amazing Biblical accuracy, he describes what and who he saw.  The little boy, Colton, also noted that child prodigy, Akiane Kramarik, painted the most accurate pictures of Christ and Heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment