Thursday, May 9, 2013

Back In the Saddle Again...

<Bad grammar alert> So... I've been feeling run down, and then I got a terrible awful cold, and then I got better, but I was sleeping all the time (very strange for me), and then I started taking hormones, and now I'm starting to feel like myself again.  I love when the aunt in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," talks about her hor-moan-eez.  I fear that she embodies the way I come across when I talk about my medical issues.  Yes, inside the lump, was my twin <long pause> Spanakopita!  

If you ever have to see me in person, you'll be delighted to know that today I made an appointment to see a dermatologist about the terrible awful thing on my chin. 

After being sick, I felt like the house was falling apart.  It took me a few days to return to grocery shopping, cooking healthy meals for the kids, catch up with laundry, vacuuming and cleaning the bathrooms.  The kids and I managed to bathe ourselves this morning, run a few errands, and go to the Children's Museum (I just bought our first membership there).  The kids are at an awesome age to really enjoy and appreciate everything.  We probably spent an hour in (what I call) the golf ball room.  They have golf balls that go up and down various ramps or funnels.  The table that Anna Belle's at has domino-like blocks and a golf ball ramp that you can aim at your creation.
 Note that I don't show the kids playing with golf balls in the "golf ball room."  This table spins around and you try to balance the discs or rings as it spins.
 There are only 2 rules on this spider web contraption, which are posted at each of the 12 entrances in English, Spanish, and Ikea-style illustrations.  1.  No slip on shoes or Crocs (both of my kids are in their Crocs). 2.  You must be 5 years old to enter.  Please don't turn me in; we love our membership.
 When we first arrive at the museum, Brady wants to see the airplanes and cars in the gift shop.   His second favorite thing is the magnets upstairs.  He totally forgets about this Lego car building stations, which is great because it's really hard to get him to leave.  This is our third trip to this room, and I'm happy to report that I've managed to build a car that doesn't fall apart when Brady sends it down the ramp (forget being the fastest).  The car on the far left side of the picture is the winner. Brady kept racing these cars against a few older boys.  He smoked 'em. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment