Friday, May 24, 2013

FTF: Skin Care Products

Favorite Things Friday:
Skin Care Products

I know the state of my chin doesn't bode well for the effectiveness of skin care products.  With that said, I have really sensitive skin and many of my problems have been solved by JASON products.

I fell in love with JASON Aloe Vera Body Wash at the Bacot ranch.  I would help cut cedar trees and have red, itchy, burning little bumps all over my arms and legs.  I used this body wash (because it was sitting in the shower) and the rashes were gone by the time I got out of the shower!

After prolonged use with a loofah, the little bumps on the back of my arms started to go away too.


I'm afraid the story gets a little grosser.  I started struggling with BO.  Dry cleaned shirts and jackets were far more problematic than machine washable clothes.  I researched and tried different methods of cleaning and deodorizing, but nothing worked.  I went through 4 - 5 different deodorants.  I'm insistent on fragrance free deodorants, so my options were quite limited.  After loving my body wash so much, I tried the deodorant, and I'm sold!  The BO is gone!  Who would have thought the organic stuff would be more effective than the other stuff?!

 Taylor's family struggles with eczema.  Soon after I learned this, I realized my kids have both have patches of eczema on top of their heads.  I went back to old faithful here, I learned that the shampoo and conditioner are 84% aloe vera!  That's a lot of aloe!  We use it daily for the kids, and there's no trace of eczema remaining.  I always thought Taylor had dandruff, but I switched him to this and he's cleared up too!  Each bottle runs about $9, but it's far less expensive than ultra medicated prescription alternatives.  Taylor's sister said that she said this works as well as the medicated stuff.  

As a note with all JASON products, they are really easy to find.  The Body wash is sold at Target and the entire line is sold at our HEB.  



I used to have pretty consistent razor burn problems.  I've used Aveeno with oatmeal for several years, and I'm a big fan.  Whenever I try alternatives, the burn is back.  The Target and grocery store brands work just as well as the original.  I've never tried the JASON shave gel... might be worth a try.


After a few prescription products in high school, ProActiv really improved my acne problems.  I've used it for 11 years now... though my total excitement has been waning since my chin saga.

Lastly, the Clarisonic seems to be a great product.  It's a face scrubber (like a giant Sonicare toothbrush) that allegedly cleans your face 6x better than washing with your hands.  The Clarisonic runs $120 - $150.  Oil of Olay makes a knock off for $30, and they sell it at HEB, our local grocery store!  My mom and I both have it and love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment