Thursday, March 28, 2013

Keeds

Taylor and I went back and forth a lot before finally deciding that the suburbs would be best for us, while the kids are growing up.  I feel a little nostalgic every time I drive in town with the better restaurants, better store managers (Targets, Home Depots, etc. are better in town - but that's another post), everything is closer, public areas are better landscaped, more trees, etc.

The primary reasons we moved?  

1.  My family lives out here.  My neighborhood is zoned to my mom's high school, my sister is 4 minutes down the street, and my aunt lives in our neighborhood.

2.  Living in town would mean a more expensive and smaller home, and we would need to pay for private school.  I recently learned that Sampson Elementary (our neighborhood elementary school) ranked as the 13th highest rated public school in all of Texas.  With 4084 elementary schools, that puts Sampson in the top 0.3%!!!  Click here for my source.  I'm always grateful when God affirms that we made the right decision.  

Yesterday we went to Grammy's house to help clean out the garage (my mom knows how I love to throw stuff away and organize).  She gave the kids these cute little buckets for Easter, which they LOVED.  


Maybe this is only cute to a mother, but whenever we get home and Brady goes potty, Anna Belle strips off her diaper and sits on her potty to be with him.  Brady was a little embarrassed, and rightfully so.

Making regular blog posts made me realize that Brady almost exclusively wears his Superman and Batman shirts (he wears the 4T and 5T in each shirt).  We bought him a few Aggie tee's when we went to the baseball game and then Old Navy tee's last week.  I'm afraid they're a bit large; 5 in boys is significantly bigger than a 5T.  In any case, hopefully this will help us branch out a bit.

You must be begging for an end to this post, but I'm not done blabbing yet.... sorry.

On the day that Little League T-Ball registration ended, I realized it was time to sign up (and Brady's old enough to be eligible).  I got on the wait list to see what would happen, and last night we got a call - we're on a team with all the other late folks!  Our first game is the Saturday after Easter.  

My mom went with me to a doctor to check out the terrible, horrible blemish on my chin.  They sent a culture in to see what kind of infection it is (they think it's strep or staph), but for now, I'm taking an oral and topical anti-biotic.  Hopefully I'll be on the mend soon.  I've never been so insecure about my acne.  

No comments:

Post a Comment