Friday, March 29, 2013

Gross Post

I'm afraid this post is going to be all about me.  If you're looking for sweet, funny, cute stories and pictures about the kids, please stop reading.

I have a terrible horrible blemish on my chin.  It probably started 3 - 4 weeks ago, and it just keeps growing, and growing, and growing, like a very ugly Energizer bunny.  I started out treating it with Pro-Activ, then high doses of Lysine and vitamin C, benzalkonium chloride, washing 3 times a day with Hibiclens (pre-surgery super cleaner)...  still it just kept getting worse.  I should have seen my Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) gal a few weeks ago, but now I break down and go to a GP because I feel like this mess needs to be tested for strep / staph.  

The physician's assistant is afraid to mess with this infection and ends up not getting any of the good stuff.  The test comes out clean.  She prescribed an oral and topical anti-biotic.  Two days later <today> my face is worse than ever, and I'm desperate for help.  I told the doctor about how my mom's student had something similar and he went on IV antibiotics for 4 days to clear it up.  Due to the aforementioned, I wanted the doctor to know that I have help with the kids over the weekend, so now is a good time for me to "take it to the next level."

He gives me another anti-biotic and tells me to come back on Monday.  He continues to tell me that he'll probably end up referring me to a dermatologist.  He might as well of said, "Duh, I dunno wut that is, but it looks bad.  Da big insurance man toe'd me not to send patients to da hospital."  From the moment he walked into the room, he never looked at my eyes.  I would have even been happy if he checked out my rack.  Alas, he stared at my boo-boo with an utterly disgusted look on his face.  It made me want to cry.

In the last 12 years, I've been to a dermatologist twice.  Both times, they shot something into my blemish and I'm left with a big pot hole on my face right next to my zit (the ONLY two pot holes on my face are from dermatologists).  I do not hold dermatologists in high regard.

I have a huge bandaid to cover up this monstrosity.  It tingles, itches and hurts.  I have a huge cocktail of pills to take, one of which I choked on and scratched my throat.  The doctor has taken my money and left me with little confidence.  Here's my chin for now.  I have plenty pictures of what lies below, but trust me, you don't want to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment