Friday, May 30, 2014

Pre-School / Bridge Stepping Up Ceremony

I like that St. John's called this a "stepping up" ceremony and not a graduation.  Shouldn't the term "graduation" be something moderately sacred?  Brady was most excited that he would get to be the line leader.  He even got to be the line leader again the next day.  Teacher's pet? I think so : )

I wish I had cropped Mrs. Bunker into the picture more.

I was really glad that Taylor and Pops could come.  The stepping up ceremony was at 12:30 PM on a Thursday, which is obviously an awkward time for most people.

Anna Belle seems to be showing off her braid, which is Mommy's new trick.  I don't know how I've gone 32 years without learning how to french braid.  I'm not very good at it yet, but I should blame that on the fact that I'm working with a 3 year old, right?  I remember french braiding always hurt my head.  Anna Belle has been a trooper.

Brady and his teacher, Mrs. Bunker.  He's had such a great year in bridge class.  Brady's writing improved dramatically, he's starting to read site words, he can count to 100 and his drawing has gone from single color scribbles to drawing landscapes with houses and rose bushes with rainbows and airplanes in the sky.  Brady developed a love for singing too, which has been a lot of fun.  I try to show nothing but excitement about kindergarten at Sampson, but it feels quite overwhelming after a year at this warm and quaint pre-school environment.  We will miss you Mrs. Bunker!

No comments:

Post a Comment