Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to Me

I love being a mom to these two little ones.  I couldn't feel more blessed to have a wonderful husband who's great with the kids, supports me in all of my crazy efforts to manage my health and encourages me to take it easy when things become overwhelming.  The family unit is a beautiful little thing.

When I was miserable and on the couch yesterday, I told the kids I felt bad.  Brady gently hugged me and said, "I'm sorry, Mom."  Anna Belle got a really worried look on her face and said, "I don't have any <essential> oils left in my backpack."  I had taken them out, so she wouldn't spill them everywhere, but I love how she wanted to help me feel better.

We have had daily swim lessons with Anna Belle, and then I try to get in our pool with her to practice swimming too.  I'm a stay at home mom and feel like visiting Patricia in the hospital regularly should be easy, but she gets a rushed 2 hours out of me at best, before it's time to pick up Brady and start the second half of my day.  Though I ordered the grandma gifts a few days ago, neither will arrive on time (sorry, beloved grandmas).

Life has been so busy.  My crummy liver (thanks to two pregnancies with hyperemesis gravaridum) does not tolerate stress or a lack of sleep, thus I'm constantly battling headaches, mood swings, and illness.  I try to take it easy, but the show must go on.  I was really sick to my stomach last night and feel weak this morning.  Somehow I wanted to take a moment for me.  No cleaning last night's dishes, no yelling at kids to hurry up and get in the bathtub (sorry Honey, you're coming home to a mess tonight, but I won't feel too bad because you're golfing today), and I opened up my Stella and Dot order with the kids (technically my Mother's day gift).  It was a really fun little moment, with cute little boxes that intrigued the kids. Brady would say, "Look, Mom!  This is perfect for you!  You can hang this necklace with your other necklaces, right here."  Anna Belle ran off with the boxes and filled them with her little treasures, and I took a moment to sit on the couch and make a blog post and count my many blessings.

...but school starts in 30 minutes and swim in 1 hour, so I should probably get this show on the road.





No comments:

Post a Comment