Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Grammy's School

Every Tuesday, we go visit Grammy's school.  The kids love it, and I felt like I was long overdue on taking a single picture in her classroom.  As if the looming Kindergarten phase doesn't traumatize this mom enough, I have to let go of this Tuesday ritual (because Brady will get out of school later).  Grammy had little Easter baskets for the kids.

When they were babies, I handled the passing of time more gracefully.  I pray that I will handle the years to come with grace, but I desperately want to freeze time.  I love this time where my children's lives revolve solely around their family.  I can easily interpret all the funny or backwards things they say, which remind me of a moment I've spent with them.  I don't compete with friends for play time with my kids.  There are no cuss words, evolution based science or unusual family compositions to explain away.  

Stupid kindergarten is the first step in letting my little ones go... ugh!




No comments:

Post a Comment