Monday, April 21, 2014

Galveston with Pops

Taylor returned from St. Martin late Wednesday night.  His Accord's A/C went out the day before he left, so it's been in the shop.  Honda says a rock hit the A/C condenser, so it's not covered by the warranty (and should be an insurance claim, like a broken windshield).  I hate Honda.

I tell you that to explain that we were sharing a car for the day.  Taylor and Pops joined us for Anna Belle's swim lesson, we took Taylor to work, and (per Brady's request) we went to the beach to feed the birds.  It was kind of cold and windy, but we found a sand free ramp right on the sea wall.  After $1.00 for parking and $1.30 for Saltines, I would say this is the best cheap thrill around.  The sea gulls literally ate the crackers out of my hand.  Brady would throw crumbs into the air, and the birds would catch them in mid air.  


We went to Moody Gardens.  I was hoping to see one of the sea animal movies on the big screen, but Brady wanted the pirates.






We also went to the flight museum, where I failed to take pictures.  I had never been before; it was awesome!  Pops knew quite a bit about the planes, and Brady was just in awe with the real guns / missile launchers on the planes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment