Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pappaw and Christmas Trees

On Monday (Anna Belle's first potty training day), I made it a point to stay in the kitchen a lot (no carpet, no couches = less mess).  In the morning, we colored and played with play dough.  We usually snack after naps, but on Monday I pulled out some ice cream cones and made some icing to decorate them like Christmas trees.  The kids thoroughly enjoyed it.  Taylor would have cringed at the huge mess we made; fortunately everything was back to normal by the time he got home. 

 During this potty training process, I've seen a lot of Anna Belle's little legs.
 Pappaw got in town on Sunday, and went straight to bed.  We planned a dinner on Monday night to welcome him home.  Though Pappaw was only 2 seats from Anna Belle, she kept pointing to this giant  painting behind us and saying, "Pappaw."  I didn't notice it then, but looking at it now, Pappaw frequently uses that facial expression.
 Kisses
Yesterday we visited Megan's school and brought lunch.  We had a nice time.  Afterwards, the kids napped in the car and we (Pappaw and I) drove out I10 to look at RV's.  It was the first time for me to really look at RV's in person and get an idea of what you get at different price points.  I hope we can get one by the time Brady's ready for Cub Scouts in 2015.

I mailed out the last of my Christmas cards today.  I should have purchased more, but I guess I'll know better for next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment