Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Congrats Kimmy!

My sister, mom and I hosted a party for Kimmy to celebrate her recent marriage / elopement.  I went to college when these girls were in junior high, and I still kind of see them at that age.  Well, they've grown up and many are getting married now.  Kim's little girl is Maddy, who is standing at the end of the couch.

The day before the party, we installed the newly painted bedrail and ladder on Brady's bunk beds.  The kids played on the top bunk during a lot of the party.  
 Anna Belle loved having another little girl to play with.  Apparently when Maddy was packing for her trip, she told her mom she needed two pairs of pajamas (one for her and one for Anna Belle).  They took turns with baby dolls and giggling over nothing on the top bunk.  I was nervous about Anna Belle being on top, but she was good about not leaning over or trying to go down the ladder alone.
 Brady was happy to have the girls in his room.  In the photo below, he's fast forwarding through the previews so the girls can watch Cinderella again.
Ironically, Brady is a little bit afraid of the movie Brave.  It started before he even saw a preview for the movie.  Megan was trying to explain the premises, which scared my little man.  Ever since then, I'm always trying to remind him it's funny.  He laughs hysterically at a lot of the scenes, but he's still uncharacteristically afraid during the scary parts.  Here's my favorite part.  When Anna Belle wants to watch any movie now, she tries to persuade us by saying it's funny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment