Monday, July 7, 2014

Heidelberg Day 1

Since watching Breaking Bad, I do kind of want to call this the Highsenberg Lodges.  That aside, here we are in front of our unit, number 39.  It took 4 years of coming to earn the right to rent a lower unit during this week, so having it the last few years has felt like a big deal to us.  I have always been terrible about taking pictures during this vacation week each year.  We've come for all these years, and this is the first time for me to take a picture of the actual lodges.  Much of this is because David and Patricia are joining us for the first time (in the unit right above ours).




We love the river most in the morning, while the water is still and crystal clear.  The kids threw rocks, Taylor supplied their habit and I got to sit in my floaty and read.  I'm one blessed mama.




When we first arrived yesterday, we went out to the pool and billiards area for awhile.  When Grandma and Grandpa arrived, we all got dressed and went to dinner at the Gristmill in Gruene.  One of my new favorite ways to get sincere smiles is to tell the kids to giggle.  Brady giggles and Anna Belle wiggles : )


No comments:

Post a Comment