Thursday, April 18, 2013

Daddy's Back!

Taylor's back from his trip - hooray!  I think I channelled all of my excitement into house chores.  I made the most difficult Somoa Bundt Cake ever.  Here's the recipe link.  It was good, but not good enough to justify the time.  I set the table about 5 minutes before Taylor walked in the door.  I knew that Anna Belle would eagerly wait in her chair, and alas, she did.  Taylor got home around 9:30 PM (the immigration line was really long); the kids were SO eager to see him : )
 I cleaned the fridge, which probably doesn't happen as often as it should.  I believe it's the first time for me to pull out all the shelves, because (after buying this fridge 2 years ago) I didn't know that 2 of the 3 shelves are sliders.  There wasn't really a lot of expired food, but all the shelves needed a good wipe down.  I also changed the shelf heights a little bit.
 Grammy gave these buckets to the kids for Easter, and I've been looking for a cute way to use them.  Here's a link to the blog post that inspired me.  I've been keeping sunscreen and goggles in a beach bag on the top shelf of the laundry room, but this really works out better because the kids can climb on the adjacent chair and reach things themselves.

A friend of mine recently painted her laundry room.  I would love if my laundry room was painted, but it's hard for me to justify the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment