Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Front Yard

Part of my time this week and last week has been meeting the landscaper at my parent's house.  I'm really happy with the face lift it gave to the house, and I really really love looking at before and after pictures.
The oak tree on the left was trimmed a lot.  Pulling out the indian hawthorne's by the front door really opens up the entry and draws more attention to the columns.  The landscaper put hibiscus at the front door, but I think we're going to move them over to the oak tree planter on the left.  The hibiscus will be in the center with purple lantana around the perimeter.  The seasonal color at the entry should be white and purple flowers when it fills in.  I've always liked the hunter green door; maybe it would be good on the shutters too?
The side yard clean up isn't quite as impressive, but I still wanted to show a picture (I know my dad will appreciate the before and after).

 The back yard is still more of a work in progress.  I'll post those pics later.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, your dad very much appreciates BOTH, and looks forward to the backyard results! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, the front porch now looks very inviting. I really like all of what I have seen so far. Thank you again for managing this effort!

    ReplyDelete