Wednesday, January 22, 2014

ACNE

I lured you in with beautiful family pictures, and now I'm going to share the dirty.  If you gross out easily, or don't want to see my gross face, don't watch the video.  I saved you from a huge row of hard to ignore, full resolution pics by consolidating everything into a slideshow.

Back in February '13, I began having serious acne problems.  To track my largest zit ever, I decided to start taking pictures.  It got worse and worse.  In this post from June, I began my 6 month Accutane journey and promised to send pictures when I was all better.  Emotionally, I feel far more prepared to share because I have regular skin on my chin again.  I still have a lot of scarring, but hopefully that will dissipate with time and treatment.


Even with all my make up tricks, kids in the grocery store and church would still comment as I walked by.  I felt totally obligated to address the elephant in the room while talking to adults.  They would normally explode with relief when I brought it up, because they had wanted to ask me without hurting my feelings.  No one hurt my feeling about it, but I was really upset by my face.  I don't have super high expectations for my appearances, but I always want to look sanitary.  Dear God, please help me to always look sanitary. Amen.

P.S. After publishing a slideshow for the first time, I realized that Mac automatically added music.  

No comments:

Post a Comment