Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mobile Upload

As mentioned yesterday (and by lack of a Tuesday post), I'm running out of material.  Here are the latest pics sitting on my iPhone.  Anna Belle refused to take a nap one day.  She ate a bowl of Cheerios at 3:00pm, and immediately took a nap (note that her feet are not on the floor).

Taylor gets a lot of photo e-mails from me during the work day.  On Monday, I had to pick out new glasses.  I sent pics of my 2 favorites to Taylor, and we landed on the purple.



So, one of my FB friends (not someone I'm particularly close to), posted a bzillion pictures of her newly decorated house.  I wasn't particularly fond of her decor, but it still inspired me to shift things around at home.  I moved the bar tray to the perpetually empty wine cabinet.


One of the bloggers I follow, Emily Clark, posted this pic of how she keeps crayons out for her kids.  She used to be a full time decorator and she's now a stay at home mom (and blogger) with 5 children (the youngest are twins who just turned 1).  This is the inspiration pic / post.  I also love this post that talks about rugs (the pics of her actual house are my fav).


Here's my version of imitation, which (of course) I e-mailed to Taylor.


I know this is kind of a boring picture, but I'll explain the changes.  
1.  I moved the lamp from the guest room back to the console, it's original home.  
2.  I moved the primary couch over to the left, to make a more sufficient walkway on the right.
3.  I got rid of the semi-dowdy-looking basket holding the remotes and put them in the pretty champagne bucket, which was a centerpiece at Ann's wedding.  Brady calls it my trophy.
4.  I'm considering removing two of our kitchen cabinet doors (what seems to be #3 and #4 from the left).


I've seen a lot of examples of open shelving in kitchens, but Ms. Emily Clark was the one who I most want to copy.  I used a dark brown, similar to hers, as an accent color throughout the house.  I like the idea of using it on the back of my cabinets.  I also like that all of her colors are really similar to mine.


Lastly, Taylor and I want to put azaleas, hydrangeas and blue plumbago in the bed closest to the house.  We definitely want to pull out the juniper and the Texas bottlebrush (the bottlebrush on the other side of the driveway is doing really bad, and the other one adds more shade to an already too shady bed - do you feel my guilt about killing innocent plants?).  We had really planned to take out the gardenias too, which have probably given us 10 blooms a season.  I think it heard our plans, because this year it has blooms ALL OVER THE PLACE.  This photo isn't the greatest picture of the gardenia bush, but it's the one with the white flowers, behind the crepe myrtle.  I wanted to take a picture of it while it still looks good.  It may be saved from the forthcoming massacre. 


The last item on my mobile upload frenzy was taken last night.  My little Anna Baby LOVES to sing.  She's a little shy and sometimes forgets the words, so she really wants others to sing with her for now.  It won't be long before I can take a video of her singing Tomorrow, from Annie, by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment